The Star Fortress is a new Flashpoint added with the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion.
(available in Solo or Heroic 2+ Mode with randomized maps)
“Battle for the Stars” is the storyline leading you to the Star Fortress Flashpoint
and gives you the chance to expand your Alliance against the Eternal Empire.
Battle for the Stars Overview
Speak with Miot Dengd inside the Alliance War Room in Odessen
Complete Chapter 9
6 Locations/6 Resistance Fighters:
- Alderaan – Choza Raabat
- Belsavis – K’korohl
- Hoth – Hemdil Tre
- Nar Shadda – Veeroa Denz
- Tatooine – “Deadeye” Leyta
- Voss – Rokuss
Battle for the Stars Questline Walktrough
- Speak with Miot Dengd
- Speak with Lieutenant Marklo
- Complete the star fortress solo mode
- Return to Miot Dengd for debriefing
- Get introduced to the 6 Resistance Fighters
- Follow the Alters to recruit them for your Alliance
- Talk to your planetary Contact
- Investigate the Shield Bunker
- Disable the Zakuul Transmitter
- Kill the Shield Bunker Guardian
- Return to your Contact
- Turn in 5 Locked Supply Crates to convince your Contact for further collaboration
- Enter the Shield Bunker (Use the mission item to call in an orbital strike against the blaster cannons)
- Meet your new Recruit inside
- Defeat the planetary Command Unit (Shield Generator Defender)
- Overload the Shield Generator and destroy the bunker
- Return to your planetary Contact and receive the final Mission
- Speak to Lieutenant Marklo and complete Star Fortress Heroic on heroic mode
- Speak to your Contact on Odessen to finalize the Companion Alliance
Destroy all six shield bunkers (Alderaan, Belsavis, Hoth, Voss, Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa) an get the Achievement
as well as the Legacy Title “Bunker Buster”
Star Fortress – Overview
The Star Fortress is a massive battle station orbiting the planets Arcann most wanted under his control.
They are powered by Sun Generators capable of venting their excess plasma onto the planet below.
The threat of instant devastation holds the world populations hostage and serves as an effective warning.
In overall command is the Exarch, a biological and cybernetic enhanced Knight of Zakuul.
The computerized support of the station comes from the use of an EPHEMERIS AI system,
which is able to transfer its functions into a droid form.
Despite their potential, these battle stations have very little external defences…
Bonus Objectives Rewards (in any mode)
- 500 influence towards your current active companion
- 250 influence towards your Resistance Contact
“Aid From Above”
For completing 25 bonus objectives (in any mode) you get the Achievement “Aid from Above” and 20 cartel coins.
Dying in Star Fortress:
This is worth dying – I recommend trying;)
Star Fortress – Solo Mode
Once you have completed the “Battle for the Stars” initial quest, you will unlock the Star Fortress
solo mode for each of the six planets (Alderaan, Belsavis, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Voss)
There are a set of achievements for killing the Ephermis droid at the end of every Star Fortress
in solo mode. If you complete all of them, you get a legacy title “Physical Backup Unit”.
- Select one of the Star Fortresses
- Find a turbolift to the upper decks
- Descend to the skytrooper production floor
- Defeat the skytrooper praetorian
- Find the turbolift exit to this level
- Enter the data center
- Defeat Ephermis
- Wait for Theron Shan to slice a lift
- Escape the Star Fortress
Star Fortress – Heroic Mode
The heroic Star Fortress isn’t too different from the solo mode until you get to the Ephermis druid.
Instead of fighting the druid, you will encounter two groups of mobs, each with an elite Knight of Zakuul.
Defeating them will allow you to proceed further in with a whole another level to get to the Exarch.
Unlocking Heroic Mode:
Completing the “Battle for the Stars” initial quest will trigger alerts from the resistance contacts.
Talking to the resistance fighters will start a series of quests on each planet and unlocks
the HEROIC 2+ version of the Star Fortress on each planet.
It’s a HEROIC 2+ mission, but you can do this solo – if you gear is poor use the buff terminal
At the starting point you can find a terminal that will give you buffs from each of the Alliance Specialists.
(requires influence rank 3 for each buff)
Admiral Agyo: Tactical Insight – Increasing your damage dealt
Sana-Rae: Force Convocation – Increasing your Presence
Hylo Visz: Epsilon Interference – Reducing the damage you receive
Doctor Oggurobb: Biosynthetic Acclimatization – Increasing your max health
- Destroy the Reactor Stabilizer Arrays
- Use the magnetic Anchor to get to the platforms
- When you are blocked by the Sun Beams on the ground, use the Photoelectric Dampening Field
- At the second reactor, you won’t be overload the console right away.
Pick up these Dendrite Photocell Capacitors off the Photoelectric Droids
and use them to Siphon off stacks off the Exarch.
- Once her stacks are gone you can overload the console.
- Defeat the Exarch
- MK-2 208er armor
- 4 Glowing Data Crystals
- Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Heroic Mode Achievements & Titles
“Liberator of….” – Achievements & Titles for destroying the Star Fortress in heroic mode
For each heroic mode Star Fortress on a different planet you complete, you will get a Liberator of …
Planet achievement and a title. For example, completing the Alderaan Star Fortress will reward you with
the title “Liberator of Alderaan”.
“You’re All Clear, Kid!”
Destroy the six Star Fortresses in Heroic Mode.
You get a legacy title “Galactic Liberator” and a new speeder called Star Fortress Commander.
“An End to the Exarchs”
Defeating the Exarch at the end of each Star Fortress heroic mode is rewarded with
the Sun Machine Reactor decoration.
“All For One”
- Use the buff terminal and get the 4 Alliance Specialist Combat buffs
- Interact with the Alliance Equipment Caches (Requires Rank 10 with all four Alliance Specialists
to interact with the Equipment Caches)
Completing this achievement gives you the legacy title “Fully Armed and Operational”
and 4 decorations
Zakuulan Force Focus
Portable Zakuulan Sentry Turret
Zakuulan Prototype Medical Probe
XR-9 Scrambler Grenade in Suspension Chamber
“One for All”
- Solo the Heroic Mode
- Do it without interacting with the buff terminal
- You only have to do it once
- You get 20 cartel coins and the legacy title “The One and Only”
“A Shrouded Vigil”
Look outside the Star Fortress windows with your Macrobinoculars and look for a MCR Droid.
This can be done in either solo or heroic mode. Reward: legacy Title “The Ever-Watchful”
(Requires the Achievement: “The Shroud’s Last Stand” >full mission guide – Empire<)
Devotional Text – kind of text books – you can find these in both heroic and solo mode. Completing all 6
gives you the achievement “Zakuulan Devotee” and the legacy title “Follower of the Old Ways”.
There is one for every Star Fortress – not hard to find if you look carefully. Their locations are random.
- Alderaan – Attendant of Scyva
- Belsavis – Beloved of Aivela – Find The Proclamation of Aivela
- Hoth – Shadow of Nahut – Find The Lamentation of Nahut
- Nar Shaddaa – Defiler of Esne – Find The Admonition of Esne
- Tatooine – Shieldbearer of Tyth – Find The Awe of Tyth
- Voss – Disciple of Izax – Find The Veneration of Izax
There are 4 named Paladins per Star Fortress but mostly only 1 or 2 show up per instance.
Their locations are random. You can find them all in Story Mode and/or Hard Mode. Killing all 24 Paladins
you will get the legacy title “Fallen Knight“ and Model Star Fortress decoration as reward.
Star Fortress Paladins List:
- Alderaan Paladin Slayer
- Adan Tranik
- Hyra Dram
- Gav Moros
- Tress Parion
- Belsavis Paladin Slayer
- Darian Vir
- Jin Torasu
- Hali Kadir
- Balan Karus
- Hoth Paladin Slayer
- Yona Zu
- Kal Petrin
- Tir Maltu
- Yoran Zarr
- Nar Shadda Paladin Slayer
- Xan Grainik
- Lan Tyvan
- Sanno Hok
- Norva Ruun
- Tatooine Paladin Slayer
- Niall Grast
- Keru Marasa
- Narin Kiros
- Orik Saal
- Voss Paladin Slayer
- Bellic Hondi
- Zai Branen
- Orus Jind
- Avia Mur
Secret Achievements – Heroic Mode
“When You Play With Fire…”
- Defeated an Exarch with radiation from their own Star Fortress’s Sun Reactor.
- Past 50% HP, the Exarch will start breaking windows and letting the reactor ray creep into the room.
This creates a red area next to the broken window where anything stand in it will take continuous damage.
The goal killing the Exarch by the Dot from the red area.
- In addition to the achievement you will also earn the title “Playing with Fire”
“Both Feet on the Ground”
- Avoided the final blow of an Exarch’s “Impaling Strikes” ability by dispelling the Force Lift.
- In addition to the achievement you will also earn the title “Feet on the Ground”
Recruit Star Fortress Companions
They are part of the “Battle for the Stars” storyline. Contacting and supporting them is required to unlock
the Star Fortress Heroic Mode for each planet.
Choza Raabat – Alderaan
K’korohl – Belsavis
Hemdil Tre – Hoth
Rokuss – Voss
“Deadeye” Leyta – Tatooine
Veeroa Denz – Nar Shaddaa
- Complete Chapter 9
- Complete the Battle for the Stars initial Quest (starts with Miot Dengd – Alliance Room)
- Complete the Star Fortress once on Solo Mode (starts with Lieutenant Marklo – Odessen)
- Follow your Alterts and meet the Alliance Resistance Fighters on their planet
- Destroy the shield bunkers
- Finish the Star Fortress on Heroic Mode for each recruit/planet
Bunker locations Macrobinocular view:
- The recruiting quest is almost the same for each planet
- Always use the quicktravel option from your Alliance Window
- Before you travel to your contact, make sure to have 5 Locked Supply Crates in your inventory
Star Fortress Drops
Eternal Empire Recon Walker (heroic mode only)
The Exarch has a rare chance to drop this mount
Conquered Exarch’s Armor (heroic mode “Destroying The Star Fortress” only)
Completing each Star Fortress as part of the Battle for the Stars questline will grant you one piece
of the Conquered Exarch Armor unique to that specific planet. There are 4 different styles
(Powered, Suberfuge, Armored, Meditation)
- Chest – Alderaan
- Shoes – Belsavis
- Gloves – Hoth
- Belt – Voss
- Legs – Tatooine
- Helmet – Nar Shaddaa
- Bracers – drop random
Decorations drop off the Paladins, Skytrooper Praetorian and the EPHERMIS Droid
Center-Mounted Monitor Display
Left-Mounted Monitor Display
Right-Mounted Monitor Display
Factory Welding Droid
Framed Skytrooper Chassis Remains
Incomplete Skytrooper Chassis
Power Condenser Tube
Skytrooper Model Display Tube
Skytrooper Praetorian Armor Display
Star Fortress Stasis Bunk
Wall-Mounted Power Converter
Wall-Mounted Power Regulator
Zakuulan Computer Console Type A
Zakuulan Computer Console Type B
Zakuulan Hanging Monitor Array
Zakuulan Medical Bed
Zakuulan Meta-Computation Machine
Zakuulan Shield and Force Pikes
Zakuulan Standing Floor Lamp
Zakuulan Tech Wall Panel